Shopping in Santee Alley

This weekend, my friend Shelly and I took our very lives in our hands and went to the fashion district and this place called Santee Alley where they sell knock-off EVERYTHING! Gucci sunglasses for five dollars! Prada purses, two for ten! Hee hee. Just because the G is backwards on the Gucci and Prada is spelled wrong... =) But it was fun.

I was going with the intention of looking for inexpensive wedding shoes and possibly shiny hair accessories or tiaras. Unfortunately, the shoes were all a little too street corner chic for my taste, and, while there were some promising tiaras, many of the nicest ones had the number 15 on them -- for quincenteras. I did end up buying a five dollar purse and Shelly got some sweaters, but we were quickly overcome by the insane crowds and departed.

Then we wandered into the fabric district and I found a shop called BRIDAL WORLD. Bridal World was run by a very quiet and kindly-looking Asian lady who let me try on all the veils I wanted and I found one similar to the $200 one I liked at the bridal salon for only $22!! I figure, if I find one I like better somewhere else, I'll sell this one on ebay or something, but $22 was too good a deal to pass up!! They also had all kinds of tiaras. I am very much a tiara kind of gal, but I think it might be too fancy for my dress.

The other big news is that the bridal shop called last week and my dress came in EARLY! About three months early, to be precise! So I get to go pick it up this week. Lucky for me, Shelly said she would keep it at her house so that Brandon won't even have the opportunity to think about peeking at it. I already had to hide the photos from him! =D

0 comments:

Post a Comment