We're going to pump -- YOU UP!

[Countdown as it stands: six more days of work // fifteen days until we pick up the truck // seventeen days to M day]

The great packing fiasco has begun. This weekend we took a car load of stuff to Goodwill, and after carrying it all up to the car, decided that we had better start an exercise program to get pumped for the big day. That's right: we got winded carrying four bags of clothes/books/miscellaneous whatever and a computer monitor up to the car. We are weak and girly.

I managed to go through one drawer of papers yesterday and then pack said drawer into a box. I also built two more boxes and put all of our paper-type office supplies in one of them, and started putting my writing notebooks in another. Brandon put half of his clothes in a very large box. At first, he was taking them all off the hangers and folding them (somewhat) neatly into the box. I said, "What are you doing that for? If you put them in there ON the hangers, they'll be a lot easier to put away at the other end." He liked that idea a lot.

I have not yet given my notice at work. I've tried, honestly, but Frank has been out of the office since last Tuesday because of TWO deaths in his family/friends and I REALLY don't want to tell Laurie without Frank being around. I swore I would do it today even if he wasn't here, but he's not here, and now I'm chickening out. GOD. I hate confrontation. I also hate being such a weenie.

Finally, the cat threw up on the laptop keyboard yesterday. We cleaned most of it off, but stopped before removing the keys from the keyboard and decided to let it dry out thoroughly before turning it on again. I went 24 hours without using a computer. It may be a new record for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment